We are simply overwhelmed with the amazing achievements of our students this year. These include a large number of exceptional performances, with many students attaining places at Oxford, Cambridge and other leading universities:
- Rebecca Skipper achieved A* grades in Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and the Welsh Baccalaureate and will now go on to read Veterinary Science at the University of Cambridge.
- Darcy Holland achieved A* grades in History, English Literature and the Welsh Baccalaureate, and a grade B in French, and will now read History at the University of Oxford.
- Carys Melvin achieved A* grades in Mathematics, Chemistry and the Welsh Baccalaureate, and a grade A in Biology.
- Henry Mugridge achieved an A* in Mathematics, A grades in Chemistry, Physics and the Welsh Baccalaureate, and a grade B in Further Mathematics.
- Cameron Prince achieved A* grades in Mathematics and in the Welsh Baccalaureate, and A grades in Physics and Chemistry. He will be studying Physics at Exeter University.
- Ioan Davies achieved an A* in Chemistry, and A grades in Mathematics, Physics, and in the Welsh Baccalaureate.
- Lowri Evans achieved an A* in the Welsh Baccalaureate, and A grades in History, Biology and Chemistry. She will now read Medicine at Cardiff.
Headteacher Debra Baldock stated: “I am absolutely thrilled to announce the strongest set of results in our history. Massive congratulations to all our students who have succeeded through their hard work, determination and resilience. Their achievements are the culmination of many years of determined study, backed up with the support and expertise of our hard-working, highly caring and professional staff. Our ethos of nurturing success at Bryn Celynnog, along with focus on developing resilience and sheer hard work, has succeeded in producing outstanding results for our learners. These results set us in good stead on our journey to become a Centre of Excellence for Sixth Form provision in the local community.
As a true comprehensive school, we aim to provide an excellent education for all types of learner, from our potential Oxbridge candidates to those with additional needs. The individual support and care that our students receive underpins their success and explains why so many of our students decide to stay on into the Sixth Form. We are working hard to ensure that we improve upon our academic achievements year on year. Education is not just about examination results, and at Bryn Celynnog we have a staff who are passionate not only about raising standards but also about supporting achievement at all levels. The school has a vibrant programme of extra-curricular activities and a thriving student council. Our young people are given many opportunities to develop values such as mutual respect, tolerance and consideration for others. We are justifiably proud of the results they achieve in all aspects of school life and of the contribution that they make in the wider community. Bryn Celynnog Comprehensive School is a co-educational secondary school which offers a comprehensive education to students from the ages of 11-18.
RCT has recently received reports that parents are being targeted for non-payment of fixed penalty notices for unauthorised child absences. This is type of scam is known as ‘Mandate Fraud’. Please refer to the following document for more information. FRAUD ALERT
RCT Schools Reorganisation In The Pontypridd Area Consultation Event
Letters have gone home with pupils regarding the Council's proposals to create a Post-16 Centre of Excellence at Bryn Celynnog Comprehensive School. There will be a drop in event held at our school on Wednesday 16th January from 3.00pm - 6.00pm, we look forward to seeing you there. This event is part of the RCT School Reorganisation Proposals, for more information please select the link below:
To view the Governors' Consultation Response please select the following link: