BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Applied Science
Level: BTEC Level 3 Exam Board: EDEXCEL Location: Bryn Celynnog
Details Compulsory Units
1 Fundamentals of Science
2 Working in the Science Industry
3 Scientific Practical Techniques
1 Physiology of Human Body Systems
2 Microbiological Techniques
3 Genetics and Genetic Engineering
*These are examples of some of the options available, these may change each year.
There is no examination. Each unit of study will consist of a number of individual assignments which are graded.
Requirements for entry to the course.
• Two GCSE Science grades of C or above
• A pass in BTEC Applied Science level 2 and teacher recommendation.
What are the benefits of studying BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Applied Science?
• Developing the skills and understanding to meet the needs of the Applied Science sector.
• Opportunities to acquire technical and employability skills.
• Gaining knowledge and understanding which is transferable and will enable students to meet the challenges of the new scientific world.
Staff to consult for further information
Mrs. F. Hockings